Mobile Library Redeployment
As part of Ipswich City Council’s commitment to provide an interim Library and Customer Service hub in Rosewood, the Mobile Library will be re-purposed as a Council Connect point that will offer both library and Council customer service. Consequently the Mobile Library service will conclude on Friday 22nd November 2019.
Why is the Mobile Library service ending now?
- As part of Ipswich City Council’s commitment to provide an interim Library and Council customer service to the Rosewood community, the Mobile Library will be repurposed as a static Council Connect point that will provide library and Council customer service.
When will the Mobile Service end?
- The Mobile Library service will finish on Friday 22nd November 2019
What will happen to the Mobile Library?
- It will be redeployed as a static Council Connect point at Anzac Park car park, Rosewood.
What will happen to the Mobile Library once the Rosewood Library opens?
- The Mobile Library will be redeployed to another high demand or high growth area of Ipswich as a static Council Connect point.
How can I borrow books now?
- Please check our website for your closest Library branch or call 3810 6177 and one of our library staff will assist you, or browse and reserve online.
What if I can’t get to another branch?
- Please contact our helpful Library staff on 3810 6177 to discuss other service options.
How can I return the items I have borrowed?
- Return them to the Mobile Library before Friday 22nd November 2019, or to any other Ipswich Libraries branch. If you are having difficulty returning your items please contact the Library on 3810 6177.
How was the community engaged with regarding the changes?
- The community’s growing use of alternative service points has seen Mobile Library use decline markedly over the last two years. As a result of this drop in engagement Council has identified an alternative opportunity to maximise value from the existing Mobile Library asset and benefit the broader community.