New Children’s Library
Australia’s only public Children’s Library is open! Located in the Nicholas Street Precinct, it boasts a beautiful, purpose-designed and built space for children aged 0 – 12 years to explore, learn and play.
Some of the great things you’ll find in the new library include:
- Over 35,000 great books just for kids
- Unique, multi-reality interactive experiences
- Heaps of kids-focused programs and events
- Curated Parenting collection
- Hands-on tech adventures specially designed for children
- A beautiful, fully equipped Parents’ Room
- Childrens’ very own Marketplace collection
- And two life-sized dinosaurs suspended from the ceiling!
Make a day of it and explore all Ipswich has to offer. After the library visit the amazing Ipswich Art Gallery to further feed curiosity and boost creativity.
Check out Discover Ipswich for What’s On and Things to Do when planning a visit.
New Ipswich Children’s Library Parking
- Access secure, undercover parking off Bremer Street.
- Parking hours are 5.30 am to 11.00 pm.
- The first three hours are free Mon to Fri.
- After 5.00 pm week days are free.
- Free parking on weekends.
- There is lift and stair access available up to ground floor to the Library and Tulmur Place. Lift A or B on any level is best for Library.
|Sunday||9am - 2pm|
|Monday||9am - 5pm|
|Tuesday||9am - 5pm|
|Wednesday||9am - 5pm|
|Thursday||9am - 8pm|
|Friday||9am - 5pm|
|Saturday||9am - 2pm|
1 Nicholas Street
Nicholas Street Precinct
Access secure undercover parking
off Bremer St