General Information about Book Clubs
Ipswich Libraries encourages and supports Book Clubs in Ipswich. As Book Club Members we offer you:
- Access to a growing collection of Book Club Kits (10 copies per set)
- Borrowing period of 8 weeks
- Loan of up to 2 Book Club Kits at a time
- Online request of Book Club Kits
- Individual Book Club Member and Book Club Coordinator cards.
Book Club Registration
Ipswich Libraries offers Book Clubs the opportunity to register your book club with us. This entitles you to unique Book Club membership cards that allow you to check out the books from the Book Club Kits. The Book Club Coordinator can fill out the Book Club Registration Form here.
Book Club Membership
There are two types of book club membership; Book Club Coordinators and Book Club Members. Each membership type requires a separate Library card which can be obtained by filling in the registration form here and selecting the appropriate membership type. After you have registered you will need to go to an Ipswich Libraries branch to pick up your new card – please note: you will need to provide verification of your ID at the Library. Each member will be responsible for checking out one copy of the book in the Book Club Kit.
Book Club Coordinators
The Book Club Coordinator is responsible for registering the club, updating the club’s details, and placing reservations on the Book Club Kits.
- Register your new Book Club here
- Notify the Library of any changes to your Book Club details here
- Place reservations on Book Club Kits here
For more information on how to request a Book Club Kit please click here.