About the Library
Ipswich Central Library, located in the Nicholas Street Precinct, is Ipswich Libraries newest branch, providing a wide range of resources, from an extensive collection to advanced digital services and experiences.
The diverse range of hand-curated selections available in ‘The Marketplace’ provides an easy to browse bookstore experience, while ‘Makerspace’ offers an advanced interactive digital experience.
The purpose built, state of the art Library features Public PCs, free WiFi, bookable meeting rooms, Privacy Pods and the Ipswich History Room. The Library also boasts a large fiction and non-fiction collection, a dedicated coffee table collection along with generous booths and seating.
There are two locations for After Hours Returns and Pick Ups. One is located on ground level outside the Library. The second is in the car park, level B1, opposite Lift A. The Return Chutes are open during business hours for ease of return.
Parking at Ipswich Central Library
- Access secure, undercover parking off Bremer Street.
- Parking hours are 5.30 am to 11.00 pm.
- The first three hours are free Mon to Fri.
- Free parking on weekdays after 5.00 pm
- Free parking on weekends.
- There is lift and stair access available from the carpark to the Library and Tulmur Place.
- Lift A or B on any level is best for Library.
|Sunday||9am - 2pm|
|Monday||9am - 5pm|
|Tuesday||9am - 5pm|
|Wednesday||9am - 5pm|
|Thursday||9am - 8pm|
|Friday||9am - 5pm|
|Saturday||9am - 2pm|
Nicholas Street Precinct
Nicholas Street Ipswich 4305
Access to secure undercover
car park off Bremer St