Ipswich Central Library
The new Ipswich Central Library, in the Nicholas Street Precinct, is on schedule to open Mon 7 December 2020.
The Library will provide a wide range of resources, an extensive collection along with advanced digital services and experiences including:
- Marketplace’s hand-curated selections
- Makerspace’s interactive digital experience
- Ipswich History Room
- Curated Coffee Table Book selections
- Bookable meeting rooms
- Public PCs
- Free WiFi
- Generous booths and seating
The Ipswich Central Library Service Intermission
In order to move the majority of our collection to the new Ipswich Central Library, there will be a two week intermission in Library services to our Ipswich Central customers from Monday 9 November to Sunday 22 November. During the two week closure Public PCs will still be available in the Barry Jones Auditorium, located on the ground floor next to the Library, Monday to Friday only.
The Interim Children’s Library
When the Ipswich Central Library closes, the ground floor will be transformed into a Interim Children’s Library until the new Children’s Library is completed.
The Interim Children’s Library will open Monday 23 November 2020 and be offering:
- Extensive Children’s collection
- Kid’s Marketplace with a Parenting Collection
- STEAM Lab
- Kid’s Corner
- Collection of reserved items
- Marketplace for Mums and Dads
New Children’s Library
Australia’s first public Children’s Library is coming to the Nicholas Street Precinct mid-2021. It will boast a beautiful, purpose-designed and built space for children aged 0 – 12 years to explore, learn and play.
The Library will offer:
- Amazing interactive technology
- Interactive dinosaur
- Extensive children’s collection
- Specialised staff
- Dedicated children’s programs and events
Please stay tuned for more information and ongoing updates…