Ipswich Central Library
The new Ipswich Central Library, in the Nicholas Street Precinct, is Now Open.
The Library provides a wide range of resources, an extensive collection along with advanced digital services and experiences including:
- Marketplace’s hand-curated selections
- Makerspace’s interactive digital experience
- Ipswich History Room
- Curated Coffee Table Book selections
- Bookable meeting rooms
- Public PCs
- Free WiFi
- Generous booths and seating
There is secure undercover parking available located under the Library, open 7 days a week, access is off Bremer St. Lift A or B on any level is best for access to the Library.
There are two After Hours chutes. One is located in the carpark on level B1 opposite lift A. The second is on the outside of the Library, left of the entry doors.
The Interim Children’s Library
The Interim Children’s Library is Open and offering the following services:
- Extensive Children’s collection
- Kid’s Marketplace with a Parenting Collection
- STEAM Lab
- Kid’s Corner
- Collection of reserved items
- Marketplace for Mums and Dads
New Children’s Library
Australia’s first public Children’s Library is coming to the Nicholas Street Precinct mid-2021. It will boast a beautiful, purpose-designed and built space for children aged 0 – 12 years to explore, learn and play.
The Library will offer:
- Amazing interactive technology
- Interactive dinosaur
- Extensive children’s collection
- Specialised staff
- Dedicated children’s programs and events
Changes to Reservation Collection
For Ipswich Central Library patrons, from Tuesday 10 November you can update your preferred Nearest Branch Location to either the Interim Children’s Library or the new Ipswich Central Library.
- From 10 November if you would like the Interim Children’s Library (South St) as your Home Branch, login to your account at ipswichlibraries.com.au and under Personal Details choose Interim Children’s Library as your nearest location branch
- From 17 November all members who have Ipswich Central Library as their Nearest Branch will automatically be assigned to the new Ipswich Central Library location
- From 23 November reservation collection available from the Interim Children’s Library in South Street
- From 9 December reservation collection available from the new Ipswich Central Library in the Nicholas Street Precinct
New Ipswich Central Library Parking
- Access secure, undercover parking off Bremer Street.
- Parking hours are 5.30 am to 10.00 pm.
- The first three hours are free Mon to Fri.
- After 5.00 pm week days are free.
- Free parking on weekends.
- There is lift and stair access available up to ground floor to the Library and Tulmur Place. Lift A or B on any level is best for Library.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does changing my ‘Nearest’ branch location automatically change my reservation pick up location? No. The pick up location defaults to the last location you selected.
- How do I change my pick up location? When reserving an item use the drop down menu to select your pick up location.
- Can I return items through any After Hours return chute? Yes.
- Can adult members pick up reservations at the Interim Children’s Library? Yes, as long as that branch has been selected when making the reservation.
- Is there parking at the new Ipswich Central Library? Yes. Undercover parking is available off Bremer St. Lift and stair access is available up to the Library.
- Can I collect reservations for my children at the new Ipswich Central Library? Yes, as long as that branch has been selected when making the reservation.
Please stay tuned for more information and ongoing updates…