New Children’s Library
Australia’s only public Children’s Library has opened in the Nicholas Street Precinct. It boasts a beautiful, purpose-designed and built space for children aged 0 – 12 years to explore, learn and play.
Some of the great things you’ll find in the new library include:
- Over 35,000 great books just for kids
- Unique, multi-reality interactive experiences
- Heaps of kids-focused programs and events
- Hands-on tech adventures specially designed for children
- And two life-sized dinosaurs suspended from the ceiling!
New Ipswich Children’s Library Parking
- Access secure, undercover parking off Bremer Street.
- Parking hours are 5.30 am to 11.00 pm.
- The first three hours are free Mon to Fri.
- After 5.00 pm week days are free.
- Free parking on weekends.
- There is lift and stair access available up to ground floor to the Library and Tulmur Place. Lift A or B on any level is best for Library.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does changing my ‘Nearest’ branch location automatically change my reservation pick up location? No. The pick up location defaults to the last location you selected.
- How do I change my pick up location? When reserving an item use the drop down menu to select your pick up location.
- Can I return items through any After Hours return chute? Yes.
- Can adult members pick up reservations at the new Children’s Library? Yes, as long as that branch has been selected when making the reservation.
- Is there parking at the new Ipswich Children’s Library? Yes. Undercover parking is available off Bremer St. Lift and stair access is available up to the Library.
- Can I collect reservations for my children at the new Ipswich Central Library? Yes, as long as that branch has been selected when making the reservation.
Please stay tuned for more information and ongoing updates…